Author: Cheryl C. Malandrinos
A Christmas Kindness: At Christmas, eight-year-old Robert discovers the joy in random acts of kindness. #kidlit #kindness #ChristmasStory #chapterbookTweet
Interview by Jenny Fulton
Cheryl C. Malandrinos is a children’s book author, freelance writer, and acquisitions editor for 4RVPublishing. Her heart’s desire is to share the message of faith and hope with young kids. She writes Christian and inspirational fiction for children ages 4 to 8 and is expanding into humorous stories for the same age group. She’s also writing a middle grade novel.
Cheryl’s latest book, A Christmas Kindness, is an inspirational fiction book for kids.
“It is a story about the joy we discover when we are kind to others,” she shared.
What inspired you to write this book?
“When my girls were younger, I wanted a new and special way of teaching them how to be kind and think of others, which led me to write Robert’s story. One thing Robert talks about in the story is how his mother encourages him to go through his toys and consider donating what he doesn’t use. As a family, we have experienced that. You tend to collect a lot of stuff and hold on to it, when some of it could be donated and be a blessing to others.”
What are some of the main themes throughout this book?
“The overall theme is learning to think outside of yourself and helping others. When Robert is standing in line waiting to talk to Santa about his Christmas list, he meets another child who only has one request of Santa, and the request perplexes Robert. Their conversation inspires him to reflect on what he wants versus what someone else needs. And, what better time of the year for this to take place than Christmas, the season of giving.”
What do you hope readers come away with after reading your book?
“We never know what someone else is dealing with. The Golden Rule tells us to treat others as we wish to be treated. In this world, that can be harsh and unkind, my hope is that A Christmas Kindness helps young people to focus on how meaningful one random act of kindness can be.”
The Beauty of a 2nd Edition
The most recent version of A Christmas Kindness is the second edition of the book and is the first time a second edition of one of Cheryl’s books has been printed.
“This gave me a chance to add additional content to the new version and think more about how stories can be used by students, book clubs, and youth groups.”
Book Blurb for A Christmas Kindness
Eight-year-old Robert is eager to share his wish list with Santa at the mall on Christmas Eve. When he meets Glenn, who only has one request for Santa, Robert is confused about what he should do. Can he cast aside what he wants and ask Santa to bring his new friend a special gift?
Purchase the Books
Purchase A Christmas Kindness from the following online retailers:
- 4RV Website: https://www.4rvpublishing.com/cheryl-c-malandrinos.html
- Author’s Website: http://ccmalandrinos.com/books
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Kindness-Cheryl-C-Malandrinos/dp/1950074110
- Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-christmas-kindness-cheryl-c-malandrinos/1133131604
- Books-A-Million: https://www.booksamillion.com/product/9781950074112
- Indiebound: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9781950074112
Connect with Cheryl
Visit Cheryl online at:
- Website: http://ccmalandrinos.com/
- Children’s Book blog:https://childrensandteensbookconnection.wordpress.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Cheryl-C-Malandrinos-170542359697682
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ccmalandrinos
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ccmalandrinos